My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Seasons of Life

Seasons of Life

Life has many seasons and good and bad times
Happy days are like the music of tinkling chimes
Seasons of grief and sorrow have their place
They remind me of wilted flowers in an ugly vase

Spring is beautiful and innocent as a newborn
Summer is a playing child growing tall like corn
Fall is an expectant farmer reaping his harvest
Winter is a grandpa taking a well deserved rest

I've experienced many seasons, 54 to be exact
I've learned many things, both fiction and fact
Some of the people I've known are still around
But many of those folks lie silent in the ground

I've had my seasons of failures and loss
Some have turned my hair gray like moss
I've had times of joy that were special to me
A grand gift from God like honey to a bee

I pondered the meaning of life's many seasons
I concluded that our God has his divine reasons
He has perfectly created everything to fit together
He controls the times, the seasons and the weather

Copyright 2006 Irvin L. Rozier aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home