My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Three Minutes Until Heaven

Three Minutes Until Heaven

Somewhere in this wide world in which we live
Someone has only three short minutes to give
A loved one a last hug, a kiss and a smile
Because they have traveled their last mile

Their journey on earth is coming to a fast close
They are through with their triumphs and woes
One hundred eighty seconds to say a goodbye
Until they are with Jesus in their home in the sky

They may be young, middle aged or old and gray
But with closed eyes to the Lord they did pray
It is finished take me to my home so I can rest
I have fought a good fight and did my very best

Three minutes to gaze on the Lord in all his glory
I am sure they are glad they believed the old story
Of how Jesus died on the old rugged cross for them
So they could be forever in heaven with him

Copyright 2006 Irvin L. Rozier aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home