My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Crooked Paths

I was reading Ecclesiastes and the Lord had me write this poem based on Eccl 7 v 13:

"Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked".

Crooked Paths

I was happily strolling along a broad straight road
I was whistling and singing because of my light load
Things were going my way and the path was clear
I was having a really great and wonderful year

The first sign of trouble was that little bump I felt
I stopped a few minutes and to my knees I knelt
I prayed the Lord would flatten that little bump
Or give me the strength and grace to over it jump

I conquered that bump and went merrily on my way
Little did I realize what obstacles in my path lay
But I knew the Lord had ordained my life's path
The number of trials I left to him, I'm not good at math

My path became murky, boggy and filled with crooks
Refuge I took in my Bible, the great book of books
Danger lay up the middle, to the left and to the right
Sometimes my path was dark as the blackest night

Can I make straight the crooked path laid by the King
Or change the course of scenery that detours bring
That is why I say unto you who are in a crooked place
Trust in Jesus our Lord who authors our life's race

Sure I would like to be on a broad and clear path
And never experience the storm's powerful wrath
But how would I know that the Lord delivers and mends
Smooths the rough road and straightens those bends

Those crooks in the road are a blessing in disguise
Gives strength to the weak and wisdom to the wise
At the end of this crooked road I will lay down my load
Enter into his rest and with him I will ever abode

2006 Irvin L. Rozier aka walkin2e


__________________
Genesis 5 verse 24 "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home