My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Dream of Map in the Bible, Preaching

First I dreamed that my Bible had a map that was located at Jeremiah Chapter 32. In my dream, I saw the name Hanameel in Chapter 32. The map was between plastic covers, and clearly marked off a field. Upon awaking, I read the story of Jeremiah (Jeremiah 32 verses 6-26) buying a field from Hanameel, his uncle's son. I also read the entire chapter 32. Jeremiah proclaims that "there is nothing too hard for thee:".

Then I dreamed that I was filling in as preacher for a local church (I recognized this church in my dream; it was the church where my brother-in-law pastors). In addition to the regular congregation, there was another congregation from another church there. These people were more reserved and fancily dressed than the regular congregation. They had brought their own pianist, and he had picked out some songs from their denomination hymnal that I did not even know. I approached the podium in front of the audience (I was not behind the regular pulpit). I opened my old preaching Bible (the one with gray leather covers that I had preached out of from 1988-2002). I was dressed in blue jeans, a blue plaid flannel shirt, and white tennis shoes. I could see that the regular congregation was eager to hear my words but the other one sat there with folded arms and a haughty look on their faces. I could see that they didn't expect much from me.

I opened my Bible, and then asked some questions: "Did you know that the Bible makes reference to everyday things, and every day living"? I could see that I had their attention so I then asked, "How many of you read your Bible every day? How about every week"? Many showed their hands and I was pleased.

Before I could preach anymore, someone disrupted the service with loud talking. I walked away from the podium, went behind the choir loft, and saw a microphone. I begin to sing, "Down at the cross where my Savior died, down at the cross where he was crucified. Glory to his name." I could see the congregation responding and singing along. I then sang "O Victory in Jesus, my savior forever, he sought me and he bought me with his redeeming blood". Now, all was joining in. I then went back to the podium and preached.

Afterwards, some older ladies (in their 80s and well dressed) were sitting on plush sofas in the foyer. They all started talking to me and one of them said to me, "I don't feel so good, I think I'm having a heart attack", I reassured her, gave her some words of encouragement and then left.

In this dream also was one of my Aunts, she relayed that she had cancer and was asking for help from the church.

I then woke up.

Irvin L. Rozier, aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home