My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Coming Out of Obscurity

Coming Out of Obscurity


Elijah the prophet came from nowhere...he burst on the scene when he said these words "And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word." (1 Kings 17 v 1)

After he made this prophetic utterance, the Lord told him to go hide by the brook, the Lord told him he would drink from the brook, and the ravens would feed him. Elijah went and did according to what the LORD told him. After awhile, the brook dried up because of no rain, then the LORD told Elijah to go to Zarephath and a widow woman would sustain him. He went according to the word of the LORD, but the widow woman was down to just a handful of meal (because of the famine). Then Elijah had a word from the LORD "The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth" (I Kings 17 v 14).

Mind you, Elijah was hidden in obscurity....by the brook and with the widow woman and her son (that Elijah raised from the dead). The LORD was with him, and sustaining him until the proper time came.

Then that day came, and Elijah came out from retirement, from being hidden in obscurity to being widely known. "And it came to pass after many days, that the word of the LORD came to Elijah in the third year, saying, Go, shew thyself unto Ahab; and I will send rain upon the earth." (1 Kings 18 v 1).

This morning, I was talking to the LORD and I had told him I felt like Elijah when he was hidden by the brook. I was praying and asking the LORD for understanding, and direction, and suddenly, I heard a song playing on my radio, named "By the Brook", a song about Elijah and the time he spent hidden by the brook. The LORD said, "Stay by the brook until the time comes, though it tarries, it will surely come".

There are many in obscurity, that the world knows little about, but are the "Apples" of God's eyes. I say unto all of these, that your time hidden by the brook is not in vain, and at the proper time, the LORD will give direction and say, "Come out of retirement, I have a mission for you to do".

Psalm 105 v 19 "Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him."

Irvin aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home