My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Pierced Man Saved Me!

A Pierced Man Saved Me!

The scripture says that he had no beauty
To die on the old rugged cross was his duty
A crown of sharp thorns pierced his head
A spear pierced his side after he was dead

His life on earth was full of rejection and grief
From his agony on the cross he found no relief
He was thirsty so they gave him vinegar to drink
A title was wrote on his cross with bloodstained ink

The seven words Pilate placed on the cross I will quote
JESUS OF NAZARETH KING OF THE JEWS he wrote
This man of sorrows hung dead on that bloody cross
As his mother Mary looked on and wept for her loss

Something glorious happened on the third day
His body no longer in that cold sepulchre lay
He arose from the dead and lives evermore
Left behind was the linen clothes that he wore

This pierced man Jesus saved my soul from hell
I am so happy and thankful that I could with joy yell
I know I serve a risen savior that cares for my soul
Jesus has entered into my heart and made me whole

Copyright 2006 Irvin L. Rozier, aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home