My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Revolutionary War Ancestors

I was recently doing some family history research and discovered that several of my ancestors served during the Revolutionary War. Some served in the War of 1812, and in the Indian, and Civil War. Here are the ones I discovered:

Through my mother's side: Irvin L. Rozier, Mary Winn (m), Archie Winn (gf), Melissa Dowling Winn (g-gm), Lazarus Dowling (gg-gf) and Civil War veteran, Darling Dowling (ggg-gf), Jabez Dowling (gggg-gf) War of 1812 and Indian War, William Dowling (ggggg-gf) Revolutionary War, Robert Dowling (gggggg-gf) Revolutionary War. Frampton Dowling history (http://us.geocities.com/roberson28/dowling.html).

Through my father's side: Irvin L. Rozier, A.J. Rozier (f) and World War II veteran, Esma Manning Rozier Crosby (gm), Isham Manning (g-gf), Shadrick Manning (gg-gf), William Manning (ggg-gf), Moses Manning II (gggg-gf) Revolutionary War. Symon Manning History http://www.eloudermilk.com/Manning.htm.

Also on my father's side: Irvin L. Rozier, A.J. Rozier (f), Esma Manning Rozier Crosby (gm), Janie Elizebeth Crosby (g-gm), Aaron Crosby (gg-gf), Keziah Levisia Crummey Crosby (ggg-gm), Stephen Crummey (gggg-gf) Revolutionary War. Crosby History (http://www.eloudermilk.com/Manning.htm)

I am doing more research. but it is interesting to note that most sides of my family (Roziers, Mannings, Gills, Winns) have been in America since the 1600s. That is why I love our great country.

Irvin L. Rozier, Captain, Retired, US Army aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home