My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Why Are Church Doors Locked?

I would like to see churches open their doors 7 days a week.
[/quote]

Amen! I am old enough to remember when churches had no locks on their doors...The door was always open to any who felt a need to enter the sanctuary to pray or meditate on the Lord. I only know of one in my area that is still like that. It is a church beside the road over on US Highway 17 between Savannah and Brunswick, Georgia. The church is called "The Smallest Church in America". It is a beautiful little place, surrounded by towering moss draped live oak trees. It has a pulpit, stained glass windows, and holds about 12 people. The door is always unlocked, and many a traveler has entered into that peaceful little sanctuary.

I have been there several times, and prayed. People from all over write prayer requests, and as I read them, I saw how many people need the Lord in their lives. Once I was there, and a busload of disabled people pulled up. I stood behind that little pulpit and preached Jesus to them. They asked me to when they found out I was a preacher. How the presence of the Lord surrounded that little place that day! As we sang "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound", I recalled the days when I could enter the doors of my home church at any hour...without a key! The door was unlocked because we had faith that the Lord God Almighty could and would protect our church from thieves. Praise His name!

Irvin L. Rozier aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home