My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sugar Cane Syrup

Sugar Cane Syrup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was a child growing up in the 50's and 60's, one of my uncles had an annual "cane grinding". The smell of cooking sugar cane juice was one I will never forget. There would be dozens of people, all ages, at this event, and we would get to eat fresh ground sausage, homemade biscuits and pancakes, and of course, fresh cane syrup.

One of my uncle's sons, has revived this tradition, and two weeks ago, he made a fresh batch of syrup. I'm fixin' to fry some good hickory smoked bacon, make some french toast, and pour on the cane syrup. I didn't get to go to the event (I was picking up pecans) but one of my brother-in-law's brought me a quart bottle.

I'm makin' it here in the country outside this little ole town of Blackshear in south Georgia.

walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home