My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Monday, October 03, 2005

NURSING HOME SERVICE OCTOBER 2, 2005, Waycross Rehab Center, Waycross, Georgia

I preached on Matthew 21 verses 12-46...How scribes and chief priests did not receive Jesus and his teachings but the lame, the blind, the publicans and harlots gladly received him, and they knew he was a prophet.

These passages contain very valuable teachings on prayer, faith, obedience and rejection (of Jesus by the chief priests and scribes).

I also preached on heaven, death and dying, and of the troublesome times we are living in. I touched on Joel, about the outpouring of the spirit, about dreams, and visions. I shared two dreams I had this week. I also preached on the family, it's importance, reunion time, and the table being spread for us in heaven. I read Revelations Chapter 11 about the Two witneses, and how the world hated them...the world does hate anyone who is working for the Lord. I touched on Brother Joseph who had to wait in prison until God's perfect time came. I alluded to the fact we were Pilgrims and Strangers here on the earth and our permanent home is with the Lord.

We also sang about 12 songs, had special singing, a testimony time, prayer and a time to remember those who have passed on.

I shared with them about the last hours on earth that a 86 year old friend of mine had. She had a heart attack this week, went to the hospital, her family was gathered together, she gave instructions on her personal affairs, asked her two sons to sing the song, "One Day at a Time", and then stated, "I'm through giving instructions, I am ready to cross that big river and see my family"...closed her eyes, and the angels carried her home to glory.

There was more, too, and I might add this service was from 9:30 until 11:10 AM yesterday, and the residents all paid attention, many cried, some laughed, and all rejoiced at the thought of a better tomorrow.

Little is much when God is in it.

Irvin Rozier, aka walkin2e

This message was for nursing home residents...The oldest resident attending yesterday was 104.

_____________________________

"And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him." Gen 5.24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home