My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

HEAVY HEART FOR THE CHURCH

Does anyone have a heavy heart for the "Church... - 8/18/2005 4:57:13 PM


walkin2e
Junior Member





Posts: 84
Joined: 7/4/2005
From: Blackshear, Georgia
Status: online Yes, I do. Easter of last year, I went with my daughter and her husband to their church. The sermon was kinda dry, although the music was pretty spiritual. The Lord laid it on my heart (I was led by the Spirit) to share the following story after the pastor's sermon. At the invitation, I walked down the isle (I was the only one with 400 sets of eyes on me), and asked the pastor if I could share the following story. He refused to let me share, and stated "Come back next week, we'll discuss it and then I'll decide if I'll let you share". When I heard those words, I immediately turned, brushed my hands (shake off the dust), and walked out. As I did I could see (in a vision) our Savior's sad face. I had a message to give to his children, and it was rejected. I was not the one rejected...the Lord Jesus was. If I had given this testimony, many hearts would have been touched. Here is what I was going to tell..on Easter Sunday:

THE EASTER LILY by Irvin L. Rozier


On December 19, 2003, I was missing my parents, who had gone on to be with Jesus. My Dad, Rev. A.J. Rozier, died on December 22, 1966. He was 40 years old and we buried him Christmas day, 1966. My mother, Mary, died on January 7, 2001. She was 71.

I woke up that cold December morning and drove to the family cemetery where my parents are buried. I arrived there, and sat in my warm truck as I recalled precious memories of Daddy and Mama. After several minutes. I opened the door of my truck, got out, and slowly walked the short distance to my parents' graves. As I did, I pulled the collar of my jacket tightly around my neck. We had already had several days of freezing weather and it was cold and windy that morning. I approached my Daddy's grave, saw something, and stared with disbelief. There, growing beside the grave, was one Easter Lily...IN FULL BLOOM. As tears filled my eyes, the presence of the Lord was strong as He gently reminded me through this flower, that He still lives. And because He lives, my parents live also, and I will see them again one day.

With rejoicing in my heart, I picked the Easter Lily, carried it to my sister, and it blessed her, too. Consider the lilies, how much more does Jesus care for us.

Luke 24 verse 5 "And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?"
Verse 6, " He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,"

Irvin L. Rozier, author of My Walk with the Lord, www.selahbooks.com

Later, this pastor was so troubled, that he could not sleep. I was praying earnestly for him as the Lord laid a prayer burden on me for him. He was born again this year, but is no longer the pastor of that church. He was a Doctor Reverend..he had the head knowledge but not the heart knowledge. I thank the Lord for using me in such a marvelous way.

walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home