My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Friday, August 12, 2005

CASES OF UNUSED BIBLES...THE POEM

CASES OF UNUSED BIBLES

A friend of mine telephoned me the other day
He said come on up to South Carolina way
I have cases of unused Bibles still in the box
I will give them to you said my friend Mike Cox

I drove I-95 to the other side of Marion Lake
I was thinking unused Bibles for goodness sake
I'll take those Bibles and pass them around
They need to be used and not in boxes bound

I had a great visit with Mike and his son
They were renovating a motel and having fun
The motel building had been vacant for awhile
The old furniture and fixings made quite a pile

Jonathan Johnson bought the sad looking place
He said I'll change it and give it a new face
Soon those old rooms will be nice living quarters
Owned by the residents and not rented by boarders

I loaded the cases of Bibles and away I drove
Brought them back home to my pecan grove
I then asked the Lord who to give them to
To the inmates in the local jail I gave a few

Now those Bibles are not collecting dust
People are reading about God in whom I trust
The Word has been bound for far too long
It was good to hear Brother Mike sing a song

Copyright 2005 Irvin L. Rozier , Author of My Walk with the Lord, www.selahbooks.com, ISBN code 1589301137

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home