My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Friday, May 06, 2005

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOTHER'S DAY MEMORY

1. My Mama died on 7 Jan 2001...I was happy for her because she had suffered so much but was now free of all pain and sorrow. She went to be with Jesus. I remember the last meal she cooked for me before she got so sick. She could hardly perform this task, but she wanted to cook one more meal for her only son. It was a simple meal as I recall..ham, biscuits, butterbeans, tomatoes, and a piece of cake. It was so good because she made an extreme effort to do this for me...I had sweet tea, too..with ice. I love you mama, and miss you.

2. My other one is Mother's Day, 1988. I was a single parent Dad with three children. My youngest daughter was in the third grade, and I went to pick her up from school that Friday before Mother's day. She handed me a home made Mother's day card...I was her mother and father. I still have that precious card.

3. Mother's day 1989...I grow sunflowers in my garden and they usually are in full bloom by Mother's day (not this year 2005 tho..too wet). My oldest sister taught elementary school. I picked about 75 of these beautiful, bright yellow sunflowers and carried them to my sister. She gave all her classroom children one to take to their Mom's. What I recall is seeing them small children lined up to catch that yellow school bus with the bright yellow sunflowers in their hands.


Irvin L. Rozier aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home