My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

DOES GOD STILL SPEAK TO US IN DREAMS

Matthew 1 verse 20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

Joseph listened to the angel of the Lord, believed his dream was from God, and obeyed the instructions. Many times throughout the Bible, in both the old and new testaments, God has spoken to his own in dreams, given instructions, and revealed His will. Does He still do the same today? I say yes.

Here are two examples from my personal experience.

Shortly after I was saved, my 10 year old son asked me, "Daddy, where does it say in the Bible that the devil fell from heaven?" I didn't know off hand and it was late so I told him I would look the scripture up in the morning. I went to sleep and began dreaming. In this dream, a large Bible was opened to the scripture Isaiah 14 verse 12. I awoke from my sleep (it was about 2 AM), turned on my bedside lamp, picked up my Bible from the table, and read the scripture. It reads "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down in the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" God showed me this in a dream!

The next example is about a friend of mine, Dorsey. I dreamed I went over to his house, and there were many people there. I knocked on the door, his wife came to the door, and I asked, "Where is Dorsey?" She pointed across the road, and there he was, dressed up in a pretty blue pin striped suit. He had a big grin on his face and was waving bye. I awoke from this dream (it was about 3 AM), and said, "Lord, you are about to take Dorsey home, aren't you?" The Lord replied, "Yes." I began to grieve for him and prayed for him and his family. About two weeks later, on a Sunday night, I called him and asked was he doing ok. He said yes and I told him I loved him and appreciated him. The following Wednesday, he dropped dead of a heart attack. I went over to his house, and there were many people there. He looked peaceful in his coffin, dressed in that pretty blue pin striped suit. God had revealed this to me in a dream!

I have had many more....Have you had experiences like these?

Psalms 1 verse 2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."

Walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home