My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

PEARL HARBOR DAY

Pearl Harbor Day

From 1982 to 1985, I lived in the Aloha state
To serve in the 25th Infantry Division was my fate
Oahu was beautiful with rainbows galore
Peaceful and fragrant from shore to shore

I went down to Pearl Harbor bay
It was hard to imagine the chaos of that day
When suddenly the island was exploding with sound
Noises of airplanes, bombs and gunfire all around

I rode the boat to the memorial site
Saw the engraved names of those who did fight
And lost their lives in that deadly attack
Some, I suppose, never had a chance to fight back

Freedom cost the lives of our nation's best
On the ocean below their bodies now rest
To see Old Glory flying over the Arizona that day
Brought tears to my eyes and reminded me to pray

To the Lord God who rules from heaven above
That He would comfort us with His great love
Remember those who died so we can be free
And the Star Spangled Banner, O Say Can You See.

copyright Dec 7, 2004 Irvin L. Rozier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home