My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Famine

Amos 8 v 11 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:"

Many people are hungry for physical bread and thirsty for a cool drink of physical water. Right here in America, there is plenty of food and water to drink. If one has the money, all types of food and the very best bottled water can be bought. We have all had times where we became very hungry or very thirsty, and the food we ate and the water we drank satisfied our hungry bodies.

There is another kind of hunger that can not be bought or sold for any amount of money. The hunger and thirst that can only be filled from that manna sent by God and the cool refreshing living water sent by the Holy Spirit. The LORD GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the only one that can fulfill that need.

Many people throughout the land are hungry to hear a word from the LORD. They will ask, "Do you have a word from the LORD for me?" Or, "Pray for me and ask the LORD to give me a word for this situation I am facing." Many are running to and fro from place to place seeking a word from the LORD. Many times they are disappointed, let down when they did not hear a word from the LORD. Many hungry folks go to a church, eagerly anticipating to hear a word from the LORD. Time after time, they come home disappointed. Why is this so?

Is it because the LORD has sent a famine in the land? Or maybe it is because they have not called upon Him for a word. I believe the LORD wants his children to hear His words, He wants to feed his children with that heavenly manna, and He wants to give them that cool refreshing water.

There is an old gospel song that goes "Pass me not, O gentle Savior, hear my humble cry, while on others thou art calling, do not passs me by". The key words in this song are "humble cry". To be humble before God is to respect the LORD GOD for who He is...the giver and taker of life, and the one who supplies our heavenly food and water. The weeping prophet Jeremiah put it so well, "Call unto me and I will answer theee, and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not".

Hosea said these words, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee". What is this thing called knowledge? Proverbs 2 verses 3-6 "Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding. If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find knowledge of God. For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding".

My prayer is that the LORD GOD would open our ears to hear from him, that we would seek His face in all our ways. Time is becoming short, and we all need to hear words from the LORD.

Luke 15 v 17 "And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger?"

Irvin L. Rozier, aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home