My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

MY PORCH SWING

MY PORCH SWING

Before she died, Mama gave me some money
She said buy something for yourself honey
I spied two rocking chairs at a country store
They looked so inviting sitting by the door

I bought the rockers and the matching swing
When I first sat in them I felt like a king
I painted the rockers white and the swing green
They're the prettiest things I've ever seen

Thank you Lord for the gentle breeze
That gently rocks my swing pretty as you please
Mama gave me three perfect gifts to remember her by
Till I see her again in her home in the sky

Copyright 2005 Irvin L. Rozier, AKA walkin2e, author of My Walk with the Lortd, www.selahbooks.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home