My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I GRADUATED FROM BLACKSHEAR HIGH IN 1970

I GRADUATED FROM BLACKSHEAR HIGH SCHOOL IN 1970

Thirty five years ago when I was full of hope and eighteen
I graduated from Blackshear High, I had a classmate named Dean
Laura Evans and I were picked as Mr. and Mrs. Senior
In those days I was mischievous and much leaner

Many of my classmates have passed away
Since that long ago June graduation day
Jimmy, Danny, Martin, Linton, David and Charlotte Lee
Are some of those no longer around for me to see

Our class president Richard Brice played music in the string band
He is now playing music in that heavenly land
Franklin Evans and Ernest Hyler came over from Lee Street High
I hope to see them again in that reunion in the sky

Al James was a smart and friendly guy
He always looked spiffy in that blazer and tie
I worked on a farm with my classmate Sharon Varnedore
Now Al and Sharon rests by that golden shore

Our four senior class sponsors gave us much advice
Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Broome, Mr. Moore and Mr. Henderson were wise
Less than 100 were in my graduating class
I remember paying five dollars for a tank of gas

The years that have rolled by since that graduation night
Have flown away like a March wind blown kite
O that I could turn back the hands of time
When I was a senior and a coke cost a dime.

Copyright 2005 Irvin L. Rozier, Class of 1970

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home