My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Friday, May 04, 2007

I Am An Army Veteran

I am an Army Veteran...active duty November 1971-October 1987. I worked in personnel, and held the ranks Private-Staff Sergeant, Warrant Officer One-Chief Warrant Officer Three. I had a concurrent commission as a Captain in the Reserves.

Although I never went to Vietnam, I served during that time period, and during the Cold War Era. One of my duties was Casualty Officer...we did casualty reports, coordinated military funerals, and provided assistance to the next of kin.

The Lord saved me in January 1987, and told me to get out of the Army and come back home because I was now in His Army and He had a work for me to do. At the time of my discharge, I had almost 16 years active duty. I have now been in His Army for over 20 (do you think He will give me good retirement benefits?...I do) years.

I did retire from the Reserves as a Captain (1993), and I do have some service connected benefits I receive. I am currently a Chaplain with our local American Legion.

My service on active duty prepared me for the Lord's call on my life. While in the Army, I had to write much...staff papers, regulations, congressional inquiries, etc. In fact, just a few months before I was discharged, my Branch Manager at the Military Personnel Center in Alexandria, Virginia, called me and said I had been selected to be reassigned there to a special office. I would be in charge of reviewing and rewriting alll the Army Personnel Regulations. I would have loved to do this, but the Lord had given me my marching orders. Now I write for the Lord.

The best thing about the Army was all of the fine soldiers that I had the privilege to serve with....I still hear from a few of them. One of my former bosses is now the Chief, Army Retirement Services, at the Pentagon. He got the job after 911. Another is an Assistant Secretary of Defense..both fine officers.

God bless and keep all of our current and former military members.

Irvin L. Rozier, aka walkin2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home