My Walk with the Lord

True stories about God's miracles and how He has blessed my life through trials and troubles. It touches on a range of topics from angels to single parenting, death, nursing homes. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed to see how much God really loves you.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Is America a Christian Nation?

When I was in the Army, one of my duties was Casualty Affairs...Notifying the next of kin of the death of their loved ones, arranging military funerals and personal affairs. This duty was extremely emotional and often delicate. Even though during my Army service, I was not a Christian, I was still affected by this duty.

I am now a born again Christian, have been for over 17 years, and I am now a different kind of soldier....These spiritual battles we fight are far different than a physical battle, and more draining. The comment "we are not of this world" is so true, and we as Christians have to keep that fact foremost in our hearts. Jesus Himself said " I pray not for the world , but for them which thou hast given me; for they are mine" (John 17.9)...

Is America a Christian nation? Most say yes, but what does God say? If one looks around and takes note of what is going on, I would say that the majority of Americans are not Christians (many are called but few are chosen). I do believe that the leader, whether it be of a nation, a military organization, a business, or other establishment, sets the direction for others to follow. If he or she is a Christian, then they will pray and seek the Lord for direction.

I was proud to have been able to serve my country...first as a lowly private, then as a non-commissioned officer, then as a warrant officer, then as a commissioned officer....I held all ranks....I am now in God's army and I have served Him in "all ranks".....And I will keep on serving Him until He comes, or my work on earth is finished.

One of my favorite scriptures is Matthew Chapter 8, verses 5 - 13...the story of the centurion, a soldier who was used to taking and giving orders...He had faith.

We are living in troublesome times, a time for us Christians to pray to our Lord and soon coming King, that He would raise up Godly leaders, not only in the United States, but over the whole world.

Soldiers are people...with emotions, needs, and feelings....Before they were soldiers, they were some mother's and father's sons and daughters...We often forget that. I pray for them continually.

Thank you both for your input.

Irvin L. Rozier, author of My Walk with the Lord

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home